Food Allergy Kids of Atlanta will continue to run as the main group providing support for the entire metro area of Atlanta and state of Georgia. Local FAKA groups have formed in Gwinnett, Forsyth, Oconee, Paulding, Cherokee, Cobb, and Bibb counties, with additional groups being added in the coming months. Local area leaders in select counties coordinate allergy friendly events, educational programs and host support group meetings annually.
Upcoming Food Allergy Kids of Atlanta events include:
· Moms’ Night Out Dinner in Gwinnett at P.F. Chang’s (Buford), January 13, 2015
· FAKA Allergy Friendly Easter Hunt & Bonnet Parade – April, 2015
· Food Allergy Concert featuring Kyle Dine - May 3, 2015 at Perimeter Mall
· FAKA Halloween Event – October, 2015
· School Educational Presentations: February – December, 2015
Food Allergy Kids of Atlanta supports families who manage food allergies, educates those who care for our children, and helps to create a safe environment in the local area for food allergic individuals.
Food allergies, which can be life threatening and are increasing in prevalence, affect approximately 15 million Americans including six million children. Recent research shows 1 in every 13 children under the age of 18 in the United States has a food allergy – approximately 2 children in every classroom.
For more information, visit www.foodallergykidsatl.org or call 404-512-7983.
Georgia Regional Leader & Founder
Food Allergy Kids of Atlanta, Inc.
VP, Restaurant and Food Industry Services
The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Connection Team (FAACT)